Body Of 24-Year-Old Johorian Who Went Missing Last Year Found In Sunken Car In Pahang

Muhammad Iman Aqmar was reported missing on 30 October 2021. He had left for work in Kemaman, Terengganu.

Cover image via Bomba & Penyelamat Negeri Pahang (Facebook)

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

On Saturday, 23 July, firefighters from the Nenasi and Pekan Fire and Rescue Stations pulled a car out of Sungai Api-Api in Nenasi, Pahang

The firefighters and a team from the Pekan district police headquarters were responding to an emergency call by an elderly man who was carrying out work near the riverbank yesterday morning.

According to Pekan district police chief Supt Mohd Zaidi Mat Zin, they received the call from the farm worker at 11.39am, saying that he saw the roof of a submerged car, a Nissan Grand Livina, in the river.

The police team and the firefighters then went to the scene of the incident to carry out investigation and rescue operations. At the scene, an excavator and a tow truck were used to pull the submerged car.

When the car was pulled out, the authorities noticed a body covered in mud and a worker's pass under the name of Muhammad Iman Aqmar

The car was pulled from the river at around 4.40pm and brought to the side of the road.

"Checks on the vehicle's registration number found that it was linked to a missing report made in Pasir Gudang, Johor by family members of a man named Muhammad Iman Aqmar Dzulkarnain," Zaidi said.

The remains were sent to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital in Kuantan for a post-mortem, Kuantan while the car was towed to the Pekan district police headquarters for further investigation.

The victim, Muhammad Iman Aqmar, a 24-year-old man from Johor, was reported missing by his 55-year-old mother on 30 October 2021

A check by the police showed that there were two police reports made by the victim's mother, Asmawati Kadir. The first report was made on 30 October last year and the second report was made last month.

According to Zaidi, the victim had left Pasir Gudang, Johor around 1am on 29 October and was driving for work to Kemaman, Terengganu. However, the victim's mother failed to contact her son on 30 October.

The victim's family have been informed about the discovery.

Read more news stories on SAYS:

You may be interested in: