TGV Cinemas Is Giving Out Free Tickets After The Viral 'Miscommunication' Blunder

Friday movie date?

Cover image via klook & foursquare

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.

Unlike Batman, TGV Cinemas is not about vengeance.

Despite being wrongly accused of restarting The Batman for VVIPs, the cinema chain decided to give back to moviegoers.

In a Facebook post published yesterday, 9 March, TGV Cinemas announced that they will be giving out one free movie ticket to every MovieClub member.

Calling it the "TGV VVIP Day" where "Everybody is a VVVIP!", the free movie ticket is not just reserved for The Batman only. It can be used on any show on Friday, 11 March.

"Watch any movie this Friday, 11 March 2022 to get 1 FREE movie ticket," the cinema chain wrote on their website.

"Make sure you are logged into your MovieClub account when purchasing your tickets to enjoy the promo."

Below are the full terms and conditions:

– Promotion is open to MovieClub members only.
– Each member is entitled to ONE (1) free ticket only.
– Promotion is not applicable for tickets that are redeemed using MovieMoney.
– Free ticket will be credited into the account within 4 working days after promotion ends.
– Free ticket is valid for 2 weeks only, until 27 March 2022 at midnight.
– Free ticket is applicable for Classic, Deluxe, Deluxe + and Glide seat type only.
– Promotion is valid for ticket purchases via all sales channels (kiosks, web & app).
– TGV Cinemas reserves the right to revise these terms & conditions without prior notice.

Image via TGV Cinemas

The promotion comes after a TGV Cinemas outlet in Kuching, Sarawak faced a miscommunication problem, which caused The Batman to be restarted after running for 45 minutes

On 5 March, moviegoers of the 7.15pm session were forced to rewatch a large portion of the movie because other customers came in late.

However, it was a miscommunication that caused the customers to come in late.

The outlet was facing a technical problem, which delayed some shows throughout the day.

But the problem was promptly fixed and the 7.15pm session was able to start on time. Some staff were not informed about the latest update and told customers that the movie was delayed, when in fact, it started on time.

"[At] this time, approximately 20% of the guests had already entered the hall while the remaining 80% were still waiting at the foyer and entered the hall after the movie had already commenced," TGV Cinemas said in their apology statement.

Image via TGV Cinemas

Prior to the apology, the cinema chain went viral online, as netizens and moviegoers alike accused them of restarting the movie for VVIPs.

The "TGV VVIP Day" promotion can be seen as their way to apologise for their recent blunder.

The cinema chain apologised for their mistake two days after the incident:

Catch up on the latest trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: