news

TGV Says 'Miscommunication' Was Reason For Restarting 'The Batman' 45 Minutes Through

It also acknowledged that the decision to stop and restart the movie has inconvenienced their customers, emphasising that it goes against TGV's screening policy.

Cover image via Best Credit & The Batman/IMDb

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.

The disappointment of moviegoers watching The Batman in a TGV cinema hall quickly became viral online when staff paused the film 45 minutes through

Several customers recounted the incident on Facebook, saying it occurred at TGV Vivacity in Kuching, Sarawak on Saturday, 5 March.

When the film, which started rolling at 7.15pm, was paused, an employee came in and announced that they had to start the film from the beginning.

"And when asked why? He said because there are customers who just came," read the post.

Many of the affected customers and netizens who read about the incident alike assumed that VIP movie guests arriving late to the hall were the cause of the movie restarting.

However, after a thorough probe by TGV, this was not the case.

In a statement posted on Monday, 7 March, TGV explained that the incident occurred because of miscommunication between their staff and the customers about a technical issue

The technical issue had apparently caused a delay for some shows throughout that day. The problem was promptly fixed so the 7.15pm session was able to start on time.

"However, due to miscommunication, some staff at the entrance presumed [the] 7:15pm show would also be delayed, at this time, approximately 20% of the guests had already entered the hall while the remaining 80% were still waiting at the foyer and entered the hall after the movie had already commenced," read the statement.

The cinema chain also acknowledged that the decision to stop and restart the movie has inconvenienced their customers, emphasising that it goes against TGV's screening policy.

"We assure you that we are taking corrective measures to ensure this is not repeated."

As a token of apology, TGV offered all impacted guests full refunds and two complimentary movie tickets

"Once again, we would like to assure everyone that the decision to restart the movie was not influenced by any VIP late arrivals, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused," the company reiterated.

Below is TGV's full statement regarding the incident:

Image via googleapis.com

Catch up on the latest trending news on SAYS: