"I Didn't Expect It At All" - Father In Shock Over The Arrest Of Siti Nur Surya's Friend

After being mocked about her looks and financial status, the suspect killed the victim and stole some money from the home to stage a robbery.

Cover image via Sinar Harian & @redzuanNewsMPB (Twitter)

Siti Nur Surya's father, Ismail Muda, is still in shock over the arrest of his daughter's murder suspect

On 1 November, his 19-year-old daughter was found dead in the living room of their home with slash wounds to her body and a severed wrist. A day after the incident, a Form Six student was arrested in connection with the murder. 

Ismail told Bernama that the suspect was his daughter's former schoolmate and the two were very close.

He explained, "She (the suspect) often comes to our house but since a few months ago, she rarely came. I truly cannot believe what has happened."

"I hope that the person who caused Siti Nur Surya's death will be punished accordingly," he added.

Before the murder occured, Siti Nur Surya was taking care of her bedridden mother

Berita Harian reported that the victim's mother was diagnosed with stage three brain cancer two years ago. The disease has affected her ability to speak as well as her brain function, making it hard for her to understand what happens in her surroundings.

Surya's sister, Nor Liyana Syuhada, told Bernama, "Yesterday we had to tell our mother that Surya passed away due to a fever because we're worried that the situation could affect her health."

She also noted that her sister was very friendly and cheerful, and she will be missed by family and friends.

The victim was buried at the Kampung Beladau Selat Muslim cemetery around 8.15pm yesterday and before that, her body was taken to Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital for an autopsy.

According to the police, the suspect killed the victim in anger after being mocked while chit-chatting.

After that, she stole money from the home to stage a robbery.

Terengganu police chief Datuk Roslee Chik told Kosmo! that the case was solved within 17 hours.

He said, "The suspect explained that she only went to the victim's house only to chit-chat and while they were talking, she claimed that Siti Nor Surya talked condescendingly to the suspect, especially about the suspect's economic status and her looks."

"The angry suspect then attacked the victim who was coincidentally holding a knife to fix a snagged thread on her trousers," he added.

Roslee also explained that the suspect then stole some cash and a mobile phone belonging to the victim in order to stage a robbery before escaping on her motorcycle.

Terengganu police chief Datuk Roslee Chik.

Image via Danial Saad/New Straits Times

Police believe that Surya and the suspect had fought at the victim's home before the situation escalated:

Read more recent trending news on SAYS: