Perak Chief Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu said that his staff will not be fired despite allegedly for breaching the Movement Control Order (MCO)
Faizal was referring to his state executive councillor (exco) Razman Zakaria, who was photographed enjoying a meal in a tahfiz school last week with over 20 people - including Deputy Health Minister Datuk Dr Noor Azmi Ghazali.
When explaining his reasons, the Chief Minister said that the state government must first put its priority on fixing any disruption caused by the MCO to the local community, reported Bernama.
"The state government has to find ways to revitalise the economy. This is important and we need to seriously focus on this," Faizal told the media yesterday, 22 April.
This comes after Razman's public apology, saying that he was merely going around the state to ensure frontliners have sufficient equipment
"Every night, volunteers send food to security forces manning roadblocks around Bagan Serai, and that is how we get to know what is required," said Ramzan who is also the Perak PAS commissioner, reported The Star.
"In each case, we are very concerned about the standard operating procedure, and if we have violated the procedure, God willing, we will overcome it."
However, Razman said his explanation is not meant to clear his name from violating the MCO, but to make the actual situation known.
On Monday, 20 April, the police recorded Razman's statement, as well as five other individuals who were also captured in the photos
Perak police chief commissioner Datuk Razarudin Husain said those who were photographed having the meal together would be investigated.
Read more COVID-19 stories on SAYS: