Celebrate The Tokyo Street 8th Anniversary At Pavilion KL If You Love All Things Japanese
Pavilion KL’s award-winning precinct, Tokyo Street celebrates its 8th anniversary and the return of highly-anticipated Japan Expo Malaysia 2019 by G-Yu Creative.
We are so excited to see all the goodies they're bringing this year!
Every year Malaysians are treated to a spectacular star-studded extravaganza. Last year, Internet sensation Pikotaro was welcomed back to Pavilion KL and performed his famous, “Can you see? I’m Sushi” song. This month we’ll be treated to new mind-blowing acts from Japan!
From paintings to martial arts, manga to J-pop, if you love Japanese culture then you absolutely gotta check out the expo.
- Enjoy the cosplay parade and meet celebrity cosplayer THAMES in person.
- Take part in free activities and workshops that teach Japanese arts such as origami and kyudo (Japanese archery) at the Art & Culture Zone.
- Score awesome holiday deals at the Travel Zone
- Find out about learning opportunities in Japan at the Education Zone.
Bright lights, good vibes, and excitement fill the air as Tokyo Street features Japan Expo Malaysia, the biggest all-Japan event in Malaysia. Gathering the best of anime, cosplay, food, travel, education, and culture.
Date: 26-28 July 2019
Venue: Pavilion KL (Centre Court, Level 2 & Level 6)
Admission is free!
The Japan Expo Malaysia 2019 will be happening 26 – 28 July 2019
The Tokyo Street Anniversary Launch & Japan Expo Opening Ceremony is going to be epic.
Japanese entertainers Kiiyama Shouten and Sorgenti will be performing live. Then celebrity cosplayers Yugana Senshi and Thames are set to display their skills. Finally DJ Hello Kitty will be spinning on stage as well!
Official Launch of the Japan Expo Malaysia 2019: 26 July at 3pm
Other headlining acts that will perform during Japan Expo Malaysia 2019 are J-Pop idol groups Banzai Japan and KiREI.
1. Relive your childhood at the Doraemon pop-up store
"An an an tottemo daisuki... Doraemonnnnnnu..." Shop for official merchandise from everybody's favourite time-travelling cat-robot!
Date: 8-23 July 2019
Venue: Tokyo Street, Level 6
Pavilion Junior Members can attend a special Doraemon Painting Workship to let their creativity shine.
Click here to be Pavilion Junior Member!
Date: Sunday, 21 July 2019
Venue: Under Johnny Rockets, Level 3
2. Watch Japanese idol girl group AKB48 perform live
Named after the Akihabara area in Tokyo, this J-pop group is not only huge in popularity but also in size. With 134 members, AKB48 are known for their explosive performances. And now you can meet your idols in person!
Date: 27 July 2019
3. Catch more live performances during the Japan Expo Malaysia 2019 from amazing Japanese artists
Kousuke Atari | 28 July 2019
Hailing from Amami-Oshima in southern Japan, Atari is a self-trained folk singer. Famed for performing in the difficult shimauta (island-song) style of his hometown, his songs have been featured in multiple anime.
Kiiyama Shouten | 26 – 28 July 2019
This J-pop group from Ishigaki Island consists of brothers and their cousin. More than just music, Kiiyama Shouten combines stand-up comedy and unique stage performances with their brand of pop, making them a must-see performance.
DJ Hello Kitty | 26 – 27 July 2019
Making her debut in 2010, DJ Hello Kitty has been active in the club scene for almost a decade. Her mix CD 'DJ Hello Kitty In The Mix' was a hit and she continues to explore the EDM scene.
Sorgenti | 26 – 28 July 2019
Sorgenti are a Japanese J-Pop duo consisting of brothers Mitsuhiro and Hiroshi. Their songs are a fusion of Japanese traditional music and modern J-Pop.
4. Play retro video games at the Japanese pop-up arcade
Tokyo is known to be a gamer's paradise. Now you can have a taste of retro nostalgia at this cool pop-up arcade.
Date: 1-31 July 2019
Venue: Level 6
5. Take cute pictures at these Japanese-inspired photo booths brought to you by Klook
6. Treat yourself to amazing 8th Anniversary Deals from the following stores:
- Hokkaido Baked Cheest Tart | Buy 1 Tiramisu Soft Serve cone and 1 Hokkaido Egg Brulee Tart for RM8.
- Eureka Snack Bar | Enjoy selected popcorn flavours at RM8 (normal price RM8.40).
- Casio Corner | 8% off on Edifice, ProTrek & Sheen normal priced items.
- De Keiko 14 | 8% discount + free anello bottle collection on every purchase in a single receipt.
- Karafu | Enjoy RM8 off with every RM80 spent.
- Koiyaki | RM8 for classic cone Soft Yogurt Mango (normal price: RM9.90).
- Matcha Hero Kyoto | RM8 for Matcha Greentea, Sencha, Houjicha, and Genmaicha
- i.i Collection | 20% off storewide and additional RM8 off in conjunction with Tokyo Street 8th Anniversary.
- Miru Dessert Cafe | 8% off brown sugar series when you order minimum 2 items from the series.
- Regetta Canoe | 8% off shoes with minimum purchase of 2 pairs.
- Orient & Rhythm | 18% discount storewide + Orient backpack as free gift
- Taby House | RM8 rebate for any purchase of RM88 and above.
- Summer By Aisha | RM8 deals for neon Handmade Toys worth RM25, Buy 8 free 1 Handmade Toys worth RM25.
- Peacock | 10% off during July with additional 8% per item off during 8th Anniversary
Excited to celebrate all things Japanese? Head to Pavilion KL today. Get all the details here.
Got cool news to share?