Mercato In Penang Is The First To Sell Japanese Wagyu A5 & Live Aquarium Seafood
PSA to all Penangites, the old Cold Storage in Gurney Plaza just got a major upgrade.
Now, you can get a more premium shopping experience at Mercato!
Walking into this new and improved grocer legit feels like you're doing groceries in one of those atas grocers in KL.
Renovated to have a modern and premium feel, the wide space is decked out with dark wooden shelves, marble flooring, and warm lighting. This makes for a more pleasant shopping experience.
As with any other grocers, you will find your staples here such as local and imported fresh produce, beauty products, as well as household items.
However, Mercato has a few exclusive features that we found very impressive and unique only to this grocer.
Check out 8 reasons why this is our new favourite go-to grocer in Penang:
1. Mercato is the first and only grocer in Penang to sell Wagyu beef
You can find a variety of imported meats here such as Japanese Wagyu A5, OBE Organic Beef, and Dorper Lamb. Mercato also offers a range of ready-to-cook cuts such as striploin, sirloin, rump, and even shabu-shabu slices.
Besides that, you will also find a wide array of beef, lamb, and other meat cuts for all your cooking (and barbecue) needs!
2. They also have the first live aquarium set up in Penang. So, you can have a pick of the freshest selection of seafood here!
3. You can buy potted herbs at Mercato to start growing your own herb garden at home
4. Their bakery sells low glycemic index and gluten-free bread, as well as a yummy assortment of freshly-baked pastries
This is especially for everyone who's watching their macro and micro-nutrients, Mercato's bakery sells a range of bread to cater to a variety of dietary needs.
For a quick snack, grab a bite of the many savoury and sweet pastries that are sold here to keep the munchies away!
5. Freshly-pressed pomegranate and other fruit juices are readily available here to give you a nutrient boost
6. You can cool-off and treat yourself to freshly-made ice cream at their in-house 'Ice Cream Rolls' station
7. You can get made-to-order nut butter within minutes
From almonds and cashews to black sesame seeds and macadamia nuts, take your pick from their nuts selection to be ground into fresh nut butter within 10 minutes! No preservatives added.
Get creative with your taste buds and choose a combination of nuts to be turned into nut butter that has a unique flavour profile.
8. They boast a huge selection of over 2,000 bottles of old-world and new-world wine
You can check Mercato's premium grocer today, get their info below:
Address: B1-15, Gurney Plaza, 170, Persiaran Gurney, 10250 George Town, Pulau Pinang.
Operating Hours: 9.30am – 10.30pm (daily)
Mercato is having various promotions in celebration of the opening of its new premium grocer. You can check it all out here.
Got cool news to share?