news

2 Die After Eating Fried Eggs Brought Home From A School In Gombak

The Selangor Islamic Religious Department (JAIS) said the victims were not students of the religious school.

Cover image via Harian Metro

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and WhatsApp for the latest stories and breaking news.

Food brought home from a programme at a religious school in Gombak, Selangor, has resulted in the deaths of two individuals, aged 17 and two

The 17-year-old boy, the first victim, died yesterday, 10 June.

"The first victim ate food brought home by his mother from an event at a school here. The victim, along with his mother and father, experienced diarrhoea after consuming the food on Sunday, 9 June.

"The victim lost consciousness yesterday, prompting his father to call the emergency line. The victim was pronounced dead by medical officers," said Gombak police chief ACP Noor Ariffin Mohamad Nasir.

The second victim was the daughter of a security guard who works at the same school.

"At 10.45pm Sunday, the [second] victim developed a fever, vomiting, and diarrhoea, and was taken to Selayang Hospital by her mother. The victim was pronounced dead while receiving treatment at the hospital," he added.

Kamal, the father of the 17-year-old victim, said that his wife had brought home fried bihun and fried eggs after the programme

While he, his wife and their son ate the fried eggs, their two daughters only ate the fried bihun.

"I was told that the organiser of the programme ordered the food," he told Harian Metro.

Meanwhile, Selangor Islamic Religious Department (Jais) director Datuk Mohd Shahzihan Ahmad said that the religious school in Sungai Chinchin, Gombak, had hosted the Amal Islami programme.

"However, no students from the school were involved in the food poisoning case. The reported deaths [from food poisoning] involved a third party [not affiliated with the school]," he was quoted as saying.

Image via Harian Metro

UPDATE:

Read more trending stories on SAYS:

More stories to read: