Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced that the Movement Control Order (MCO) in three states and one Federal Territory will be extended until 4 March
During a press conference today, 16 February, he said that the movement restriction in Penang, Selangor, Johor, and Kuala Lumpur will continue to be enforced for another two weeks.
Meanwhile, other states and Federal Territories previously under the MCO will return to the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO)
Kedah, Perak, Negeri Sembilan, Melaka, Pahang, Terengganu, Kelantan, Putrajaya, Labuan, and Sabah will revert to the CMCO from 19 February to 4 March.
Perlis, the only state with sporadic COVID-19 cases, will undergo Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) for the same period.
With that said, Ismail Sabri announced that there will be a few ease in restrictions beginning 19 February
The Senior Minister said the 10km travel radius for both MCO and CMCO localities will be lifted, but the interstate and interdistrict travel bans remain.
Meanwhile, dine-in at eateries in CMCO areas will be based on table capacity, which means more than two people would be able to sit at one table.
The two-person-per-table restriction will remain in MCO areas.
He said more details will be announced on Thursday, 18 February.
Read more COVID-19 updates on SAYS: